J.D Davis Year One
Gayfield- Addie Newcomer
Learning Objective/Exit Outcomes:
Student will demonstrate their understanding of proper nouns.
Students will use speaking and listening skills to communicate properly.
Students will recognize proper nouns while speaking and while listening.
Students will abide by agreed upon conventions of speaking.
ELAGSE1L1: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Use common, proper, and possessive nouns.
ELAGSE2SL1 Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 2 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., gaining the floor in respectful ways, listening to others with care, speaking one at a time about the topics and texts under discussion).
- Build on others’ talk in conversations by linking their comments to the remarks of others.
TA2.CR.1 Organize, design, and refine theatrical work.
- Use imagination to create characters.
- Contribute and collaborate in planning a theatre experience.
TA2.RE.1 Engage actively and appropriately as an audience member. a. Participate as audience. b. Demonstrate appropriate theatre etiquette
Front of the classroom
4 players stand in a shoulder to shoulder line. The teacher acts as the “conductor”. The objective is to tell a complete story from beginning to end using logical sequencing. Whenever the conductor points to one of the four students, they will begin speaking.
Then, the “conductor” will point to another student, and they will have to pick up where the previous student left off, even if it was in the middle of a sentence. This continues until the story has reached a resolution.
To integrate our review of proper nouns, each student was tasked with including at least one proper noun in their part of the story. The teacher prompted, “Who did you see? Where did you go? What day was it?” ect to encourage proper nouns.