Brewer, Year One
Straughter/Brown – Beth Reeves
Learning Objective/Exit Outcomes:
- Students will advance knowledge through creative movement.
- Students will work together to create a successful ensemble.
- Students will be able to articulate the main ideas throughout the story.
ELAGSE3SL2 Determine the main ideas and supporting details of a text read aloud or information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
ESD3.CR.2 Demonstrate an understanding of dance as a form of communication. a. Use personal experiences and choreographic tools (e.g. improvisation, guided imagery) to create a movement narrative.
Dance and English
Open space in the room.
- The facilitator will put students into groups of three to four.
- The teacher should assign one main idea per group.
- The students in the group will not share with the other groups what main idea/and or theme that they have been assigned.
- Once the group has decided on the main ideas/themes of the story, students will then work together to form the representation with their bodies.
- Groups will walk around and observe the different groups and guess what main idea/theme that they are representing
Debrief: 3-5 minutes-
What were we doing? What did you see us doing? What do you wonder? How were we working together? What could we have done differently to be even more successful? Who was leading? Is it just as important to follow? Why?