Key, Year One
Brown/ James/ Siter – Austin Sargent
Learning Objective/Exit Outcomes:
- Students will recognize rhyming words.
- Students will offer their own rhyming words.
- Students will listen to the ideas of their peers and build on them.
- Students will follow vocal and physical prompts from their teachers.
ELAGSEKRF2: Demonstrate understanding of spoken words,syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
- Recognize and produce rhyming words.
ELAGSEKSL1: Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., listening to others and taking turns speaking about the topics and texts under discussion).
ELAGSEKSL6: Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
TAK.RE.1 Engage actively and appropriately as an audience member.
- Participate as audience
ELA/ Intro to Integration
Any carpeted space. Students can either sit in a circle or sit in their “spots”
Students were called to the carpet and were seated in a circle. Facilitator would name a sound (-ug, -at, -ag) and when students were passed the ball, students would give a word that fits with that sound family. One student would contribute their idea, and then the entire group would repeat.
This is a great ‘Introduction’ to Arts Integration strategies. Having the group repeat back to the contributor is important to keeping the group engaged.